Founded in 2002 Sports Therapy is now located in a purpose-built clinic @132 Collingwood Street. We are open from 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday Read More ...
Welcome back to Sports Therapy Nelson!
MEANS WE ARE HANDS ON AGAIN!
Strict safety and cleaning measures in place to keep us all safe.
- PHYSIOTHERAPY Consults/Treatments
- MASSAGE consults
- PILATES training and evaluations
Video Appointments are still available if you prefer.
Book your appointment preference now.
What Covid-19 Health and Safety Procedures are we Implementing to keep us all safe?
See our detailed descriptions on our Facebook site – “Sports Therapy”
- Text your arrival – to 021 0903 6017 and wait for confirmation to come in (so no waiting room) OR sit in one of our regularly sanitized and socially spaced chairs.
- COVID-19 Symptom screening
- Contact tracing via our data base and appointment records – our clinical record keeping documents all contacts and time of contacts with community/Staff/personnel within building
- PAYWAVE or online payment portals
- Single usage pens/ YOUR OWN pen usage where needed – No need to sign ACC forms at the moment as per MoH
- 2m Barriers at Admin desk
- Individual rooms for each therapist – Same room/same bubble for you too!
- 2m Distancing of Therapist for history taking, data gathering, mechanism of injury questioning and exercise prescription/demonstration where able.
- Use of verbal cues in demonstration of exercises where able
- Where mobilisation or soft tissue contact is needed for assessment/treatment or encroachment of the 2m spacing is deemed essential – use of single use gloves, therapist face mask and protective eye equipment (avoiding this where possible)
- Thorough handwashing between each patient
- Full cleaning and disinfecting procedures of tables, door handles, exercise equipment between each contact.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is a fantastic option for your Physio to help you while you stay at home and in your Bubble! We can:
- Answer all your questions about your injury and pain management
- Create a personalised exercise or rehab program and teach it to your via video
- Progress your existing exercise program
- Demonstrate treatment options for self-treatment or teach you ways your family members can help you with your injury management.
- Arrange the ordering and delivery of rehab supplies and exercise tools straight to your door!
- Keep you connected to the wider community to avoid feeling isolated and lonely during self-isolation.Don’t let Coronavirus overwhelm you and prevent you from achieving your rehabilitation, fitness and wellbeing goals.
Use Telehealth at Sports Therapy to stay on track, stay connected to the community, and stay active from home!
If you need a physio, give us a call on (03)548 1221 and Get It Fixed!